Friday, 20 May 2016

My Makeup Palettes (The Remaining Few)

Hi guys,

Today I am showing you and talking a small bit about what makeup palettes I have. There isn't much because recently I moved to Toronto for 2 years so I had to have a big clear out before I went. I had to go through all my makeup and decide which stuff I wanted to keep and what ones I wanted to give to charity or throw in the bin ( :( sad times). I must admit it done me good to go through it all as I discovered makeup and palettes that I forgot I bought and barely ever used!! There was also a good bit of stuff that I needed to throw out as it was sitting there for yonks!!! I know that when it comes to certain stuff like mascara you need to get a new one every 6 months because the one you have and use can dry out etc. But when it comes to other items of makeup i'm not really sure how long it lasts or is the appropriate length to have.
But anyways here are the palettes I have left and that I brought with me to Canada.


This little beauty is probably my favourite eye shadow palette so far that I have used. This one is called the Carli Bybel palette. It is a 14 colour eyeshadow & highlighter palette. It was created by the youtuber Carli Bybel. The shadows are so good and I literally use this everyday for during the day or at nighttime. The shadows stay on really well, they have great pigment and the highlighters are so good. I have only used the first 2 highlighters at the bottom from the left hand side. The other 2 highlighters I have used as eyeshadows.


 I got this palette on BHcosmetics online and at the time when I got it, it was around $14.50/€12 plus you have to add postage and packaging but its not that much. It ends up at being around €20 altogether. I really love this palette because of the neutral colours and half of them are matte and the other half are shimmery. (I'm a big fan of matte) The palette comes with a nice sized mirror as well which I find always comes in handy.




The next palette I got from Urban Decay from one of their counters. I can't remember what I paid for this palette so I had a look online and it's on sale on the Urban Decay website (US) for the equivalent of €19. It showed its original price of $49/€44 but I don't think I paid that much for it at the time. I haven't used this palette a lot but I do use it now and again. I mainly like the base or highlight colours Kinky or Freestyle. I mainly use the top row more so than the bottom row but that is just my preference. The eyeshadows all have good pigment and the packaging inside and outside I quite like but this palette is probably the least one I use out of the lot.


This palette does come with an eyeshadow brush but as you can see mine is missing! I honestly haven't a clue where it is or if I still even have it!

 This one as well comes with a mirror. This is always a bonus and something I look for when I am buying a palette. It is always handy if you are on the go and you don't have a mirror nearby.


Now comes my Naked Collection!! These I think were my first purchases of eyeshadow palettes. These are a staple of most girls makeup collections. The first one I got is Naked 2. I love this palette. The colours are so good and go with everything. I love the neutral colours and the darker colours. Most of them are shimmery but there are a couple of them that are matte.


Some colours I have used more than others but in general I have used them all. The brush that comes with it is also really good and it is double ended. One end to put on the colour and blend and the other to help put on colour under the lower lash line or to help create a whinged liner etc. (It has a mirror of course) These palettes were so popular when they came out and sometimes were very hard to purchase as they sold out quickly enough. The palette was €44/$54 at the time and I think it is still around that price today.


This was the next naked palette I bought which is called the Naked 3 palette. This one was fairly difficult to get as everyone wanted it since Naked 2 was made. This one I think I love just a bit more than naked 2 because the colours are so beautiful and summery. I think all of the eyeshadow colours are shimmery but matte at the same time and I mix them with the matte colours from naked 2 to get a nice combination on the eye. The colour Trick is such a fabulous colour....have a look! I think all of the Urban Decay palettes come with a mirror and their own little brushes for the palette.


The palette was €44/$54 which is the same as Naked 2. I also found that the brush with this one was even better than the last one for blending.


The Naked Smoky palette is the final urban decay palette that I own (so far). The packaging on this palette is really good and quite different. This palette also has a magnet where you open and close the palette. This palette was €44/$54 same as the rest.


The eyeshadows on this palette are more deeper and definitely great for creating that smokey eye. Half the colours are matte and the rest are shimmery. The brush in this palette is great as it is also a double ended one and the smudge end of the brush is so easy to use. The lightest colour called Thirteen is great for highlighting under the brow bone!


 This palette also came with a little information card on the different keys to creating a perfect smoky eye. I think the smoky eye is the most popular eye look among girls. Some of the looks that you can learn to create are:
The Smoky Cat/ The Everyday Smoky/ The Iconic UD Smoky Eye/ The Smoky Reality Star


 I found these really handy because sometimes the smoky eye can be difficult to create, so these steps are really handy and useful.


The Naked Palettes also come with some eyeshadow primers. These primers are obviously from Urban Decay and they are great for keeping your eyeshadow on and not moving all day or night. From the picture you can see I have already used one which was called Sin. This was a shimmering formula that helped prevent fading and creasing of the eyeshadow. The other 3 left are called Original/Eden/Anti-Aging. I kind of forgot that they were in the box so I must use them and see what they are like!


Now my final palette is not an eyeshadow palette but it is a contour palette and it is my only contour palette of yet. It is called the SOSU Complete Contour Palette by Suzanne Jackson. I got this on presale when she first mentioned it. I never really tried contouring before but I said I would get this and try it out. It costs €29.95 and you can buy it from her website or from different pharmacies arcoss Ireland.

 I have used this palette quite a bit since I got it. Now I haven't used all the shades in the palette as I find some of them don't go with my skin tone at all! But that is just me, it might go with some peoples' skin tones really well.


What I have used mostly is Shade 1 which I use for concealer contour for under the eyes chin, part of the forehead etc. Shade 1 is a cream contour.
Shade 6 I have used for bronzing parts of my face where the sun usually tans the face and to contour the just under the cheekbones. Shade 6 is a powder contour.
Shade 3 I have used as a setting powder for my concealer contour parts. I have found this a good setting powder.
Shade 5 is the highlighter which I have used a few times. The highlight colour itself is good but it can be sometimes difficult to apply and to get right. Shade 5 is a cream highlighter.


 Shades 2 & 4 I have only used once. Shade 2 is a cream shade and I tried using as a contour but it was honestly too dark for my skin and just made the skin look muddy. Shade 4 I only have used on my hand and a small part of my face to see what the colour was like and it does not go with my skin tone at all. It is a cream shade as well. I have seen where some people have said to use Shade 4 as your foundation! I don't know if that would work for everyone. Maybe you have to be tanned or have fake tan on you before you use that as foundation.
Overall I do like the palette but just not all the shades. I don't know if I would pay €29.95 again for it as I don't use all the shades. The packaging is quite nice and she gives you tips on where to apply the shades on your face and a picture of where you put them on the face. This I found quite helpful as some people aren't confident when it comes to contouring and I know I am one of them! But practice makes perfect....hopefully!

I do plan on purchasing another contour palette or 2 to try them out and see if they suit me better with my skin tone.

Hope ye liked this post

Ducie xox


Links to some of the items mentioned:
URBAN DECAY PALETTES  http://www.urbandecay.ca/en_CA/palettes
CARLI BYBEL PALETTE   http://www.bhcosmetics.com/eyes/eyeshadow-palettes/carli-bybel-14-color-eyeshadow-highlighter-palette
SOSU CONTOUR PALETTE   http://www.sosu.ie/collections/makeup




DISCLAIMER
I have paid for this products with my own money. I am not being paid to review these or were given there by companies etc. The images were not copied.


No comments:

Post a Comment