I hope everyone is having a lovely December and Christmas week is finally here! Where has the time gone?! So this evening I wanted to talk about my 'go to' make up pieces that I always go for in the wintertime. My make up sometimes changes from season to season but not much. Like in the summertime I would use a bit more bronzer to give that summer glow or I use a more peachy blusher etc.
Anyways when it comes to the fall/winter months (which by the way is probably my favourite months when it comes to makeup and clothes and of course Christmas time). When it comes to wintertime I love all things that are berry, brown, deep purple and dark red colours! These colours are honestly my favourite especially when it comes to eyeshadows and lipsticks.
So here it is below. The first picture below is the complete amount of items that I use on a daily basis for makeup whether it is for day time makeup and nighttime makeup. So I wouldn't use every single product here every day but I do use a mixture of these between day or night looks. These are the products that honestly always reach for everytime I do my makeup. I find they work for me the best and I honestly just love using them. I will go through the products in a small bit more detail below!
This honestly is the best setting powder ever!! I bake with this and set all my makeup with this and it never budges once I put this on! Love this stuff! This is the Laura Mercier loose settling powder in 'Translucent'.
These are the two foundations that I am using all the time at the moment. Sometimes for nighttime looks I mix the 2 of the up . Then for daytime I use the Benefit 'Oxygen Wow' foundation which is nice and light and not heavy on the skin whatsoever. Then for nighttime I use the 'Estee Lauder Double Wear' foundation which is a matte foundation and it doesn't budge all night! The shade I use in the Benefit foundation is called 'Ivory' & then the shade I use in the Estee Lauder foundation is '2C3 Fresco'.
This blush I have been using all the time lately! It is by Charlotte Tilbury and it is called 'Ecstasy' and it gives the perfect little pop to the cheeks and also gives the cheeks a nice warm glow.
When it comes to mascara I love trying different ones but honestly for the past year I have only been using these 2 mascaras. The one on the left is my daytime mascara which is from Benefit and it is called 'They're Real Tinted Primer' which is a nice and light one which can be used by itself (which I do) or as a tinted primer and then add another mascara on top of it. Then for my nighttime mascara I always go to use the Benefit mascara called 'Roller Lash' which is on the right. This makes my eyelashes look so big and fluffy! The difference it makes is so good!
These 2 little pots are so good to use when your in a rush when your doing your makeup. These are eyeshadow creams by Charlotte Tilbury and literally a small amount goes such a long way on your eyes. The colours are so pretty and perfect for wintertime. The shade on the left is called 'Marie Antoinette' which is such a pretty gold colour. Then the shade on the right is called 'Mona Lisa' and that colour is gorgeous deep mixture of brown/purple and gold. These pots will last you so long!!!
When it comes to lips I am obsessed! I love all things lipsticks or liners etc and when it comes to winter colours I am all about dark colours. From left to right:
Anastasia Beverly Hills in the shade 'Ashton'
Mac lip liner in 'Whirl'
Charlotte Tilbury in the shade 'Glastonberry'
L'Oreal Colour Riche lip liner in the shade 'Lasting Plum'
Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in the shade '107'
No Thin Lips secret lip plumper
YSL lipstick in the shade '205'
I usually use 2 products when it comes to my brows but I have recently ran out of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil which is great!! So recently I have been using this L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper in the shade 'Medium to Dark 380'. It so quick and easy to use and does a nice job on giving your brows a fuller look.
This concealer as you can see below has no print left on the bottle as it has all rubbed off. For ages I could not remember the name of it but it finally popped back into my head and it is from Collection Lasting Perfection and it is in the shade 'Fair 1'. I love it and it gives great coverage!!
These 2 palettes I am reaching for a lot lately. The one on the left is an eyeshadow and highlighter palette. And the one on the right is contour palette. I will explain more below!
So this is the eyeshadow palette! It is from BH cosmetics who collaborated with Carli Bybel. I absolutely love this palette. The shadows are so nice and perfect for winter and the pigments are really good. The highlighters are so pretty and give such a good pop of glow! (As you can see I like to use one particular eyeshadow a lot!!!)
This is the contour palette which I mainly use for the powder bronzer which is shade 6 in the picture (on the bottom right hand corner). The bronzer gives a lovely warmth look to the face which I love. I sometimes use some of the other shades (mainly shade 5,1 and 3 depending on my mood).
Finally the last product is a gel liner pen from Benefit. I mainly use this for nights out if I am feeling brave to put liner on! (I am always afraid of messing it up) But when I do use this it is quite easy to put it on and gives a really nice wing liner.
And that is it!! They are my main makeup products I use during the winter! Some will stay the same over the next year and some will probably go and some new stuff will become my favorites but for now these are the ones I love to use. I will leave all the links to the products down below, I hope ye enjoyed the post and ye all have a great Christmas week!!
Ducie xox
Links to each product mentioned below:
Laura Mercier setting powder
Benefit Oxygen Wow Foundation
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
Charlotte Tilbury Blusher
Benefit They're Real Tinted Primer
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
Charlotte Tilbury Marie Antoinette creme shadow
Charlotte Tilbury Mona Lisa Creme Shadow
Anastasia Beverly Hills Ashton Liquid Lipstick
MAC Lip Liner Whirl
Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick Glastonberry
L'Oreal Colour Riche Lip Liner Lasting Plum
Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick No.107
No Thin Lips Lip Plumper
YSL Lipstick No.205
L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Medium to Dark
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer Fair 1
Carli Bybel Palette
So Sue Me Contour Palette
Benefit Gel Eyeliner
DISCLAIMER
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned if the above blog post. The pictures I have taken myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment