So I am back today with a post on the makeup brushes I use all the time. I have 10 brushes that I use everytime that I do my makeup whether it is full face makeup or just light makeup. I definitely believe that if you have good makeup brushes then they will make your makeup products go on a lot easier and make your makeup look better on. Now I don't mean that you have to go buy expensive makeup brushes, you can get a lot of reasonable priced brushes in shops like Boots or online such as cloud10 beauty or feel unique etc. It has happened to me before where I have bought really cheap brushes and after a few uses a lot of the brush hairs started to come off on my face when applying a product with the brush. When this happens I just feel I am wasting my money because I have to go buy more. I tend to buy one or two brushes at a time and slowly build them up because I can't really afford to buy them all at once.
There are some really good brush sets out there but a lot of them can be quite expensive! The main brushes I have are from the brands= MAC & Real Techniques. I have been using these brushes for a long time at this stage. My first brushes I think were Real Techniques because I was able to get them in Boots and they were reasonably priced. They have a variety of brushes to choose from. The ones I use all the time are as follows:
These 3 brushes I got as a set in Boots. They were on sale at the time for €30 for the 3 of them. This was really good value as the new bold metal brushes by themselves are usually between €20=€30. These brushes are the newest ones from Real Techniques. I honestly love them. They are so soft and they put on makeup products really well. The handle part of the brushes themselves are weighted so that when you pick them up and use them they sit perfectly in your hand. This is done so that we can have optimal control and comfort. I love the colours of the brushes especially the rose gold one. (I love anything rose gold)
| Real Techniques Bold Metal Collection |
| No. 103 Angled Powder Brush (as part as a set) OR No.100 €19 |
| No.200 Oval Shadow Brush €12 |
| No.300 Tapered Blush €17 |
The next 2 brushes are also from Real Techniques but they are an older original collection. They were once of the first set of brushes that I got. These are a staple of mine in my makeup collection. Like the bold metals collection the original collection are really soft on the skin as well.
| Pink: Blush Brush Orange: Contour brush |
| The Blush Brush €8 |
| The Contour Brush €16 as part of a set |
The contour brush is great for getting a good line just under the cheekbone when contouring or putting on bronzer. This little brush I also use for blending in concealer because it is nice and small. Finally it is also handy for blending in foundation along the smaller areas of the face such as under the eye and around the nose.
The next and final set of brushes are from MAC. 3 out of the 5 are the same as I bought multiple of the one brush (not at the same time/over a period of time). Of the 5 brushes I have from MAC I haven't tried or used any other ones from MAC but the ones I have are really good and I use them every day that I put makeup on.
| 3x217 Blending brushes 1x219 Pencil brush 1x168 Angled Contour brush |
| The 168 Angled Contour Brush €29 |
| The 219 Pencil Brush €21 |
| The 217 Blending Brush €21 |
If you are wondering why I don't really have a main brush for foundation is because I use a beauty blender! Puts on makeup just great!!
That's the end to all my brushes that I use. I hope it was helpful! I am on the look out for some new brushes though! :) (always on the look for something new to try)
Hope ye enjoyed the post!
Lots of love
Ducie xox
Links to websites:
Real Techniques Brushes
MAC Brushes
DISCLAIMER
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned if the above blog post.
No comments:
Post a Comment