Sunday, 22 May 2016

Concealer Is A New Love Of Mine (Updated)

Hello, hello,

I am loving using concealer lately in my make up routine whether its just simple during the day make up or whether its a full on night out make up. I have only recently (maybe the last 6 months) started to introduce concealers when doing my make up. I wasn't sure on how to use them properly at the start, so I started watching YouTube videos of people doing their make up which included the use of concealers. I really began to notice the difference concealers made in their make up and it made their face look nice and bright in certain areas of the face and it got rid of dark circles, small or big blemishes or any spot really on the face. 


So I said I would give it a try and I got the Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear concealer which you can get in any Boots or Superdrug etc. I heard about Collection concealers from watching Zoella and Tanya Burr on YouTube. I also notices the importance of getting different shades in a concealer to highlight different areas of the face and to also cover any redness, spot etc. So for the past while now I have been using the numbers 1,2 & 3 shades of the Collection concealer. In the picture below it shows 4 concealers but I don't use the last one (darkest one) shade 4 as it is too dark for my skin tone. 
Number 1 = Fair
Number 2 = Cool Medium
Number 3 = Warm Medium
(Number 4 = Dark.....for anyone that is interested in that colour for their skin)


I use number 1 under my eyes where I would tend to look a bit tired and it also brightens up the under eye area for me which gives a nice look at the end when my make up is all done. I also put number 1 on the area of my forehead inbetween  my eyebrows and finally I put it on the top of my top lip also called the cupids bow. 
Number 2 and number 3 I usually mix together and put it on the areas that have bright redness, spots and any sort of blemish that I can see. I tend to mix between 2 and 3 depending on day or night make up. 
The concealers are easy to apply with a good brush applicator and I usually dab them onto my skin and then blend in with my fingers lightly. It says on the tube that it has a 16 hour last on the concealer which is a very long time and I can't say it does or doesn't because I usually don't leave my make up on that long but whenever I use them they always last me the length of time that I have my make up on which is a bonus. They blend really well and I find make a good difference in my make up. The best part of all is that they are so affordable at only €5.49 in Boots. 
I have left a link down below for the Boots website where you can buy all 4 different shades of concealer.



UPDATED PART:
So since writing that post I have gotten and tried more concealer products. I now use concealer for day or night makeup. Sometimes it is handy when you don't feel like a full face of makeup just to use concealer with some mascara, blush and a pop of neutral eyeshadow! At least that way you might not feel so bare on the face if going out. 
Other concealers that I now use as well are:



Benefit Boi-ing (industrial-strength concealer in the shade 01

This concealer I started using because of my sister. I saw her using it and she said it was the concealer she always gets and uses. So I said I would give it a go. I'm a Benefit fan as it is and have always loved most of their products (mascara!!!). So I have been using this some days, not everyday because I like to switch concealers, mix and match and all that jazz! This concealer is about €24 which is more expensive than the Lasting Collection ones above but I find it really good for covering any spots or redness. It also is a cream concealer and it has a really nice texture to it and it goes nicely on the skin. I try always use a setting powder with my concealers to keep them there and not budge. So I do use a setting powder with this concealer. 



The other concealer that I have been using is Charlotte Tilbury The Retoucher. It is a conceal & treat stick. This one I use only on special occasions or big nights out because this one is definitely a high end concealer. I got this in the shade 1 Fair. I use this under the eye for conceal and highlighting and under the eyebrow arch, the chin area and the forehead just between the eyebrows. Again I still use a setting powder with this concealer. This concealer as you can see is a stick concealer and you just twist the bottom part for the product to come out on the brush. You definitely don't need to use much as a little goes a long way with this product. The bad news is though it costs over €30 which is quite expensive for concealers. Hence why I don't use this all the time. I wish I could but I just want this to last me a bit longer than normal. It is a really good liquid concealer and it covers and highlights the areas that I need to cover up or brighten. There are other shades that you can get, I think there is 10 shades altogether that you can choose from. 




 There are so many concealers out there that you can choose from and it really is all about trying them out and seeing which ones work best for you and your skin tone. There are definitely more concealers that I have heard of that I want to try and now since I am near a Sephora I will be able to find more that I like. 
You can definitely get concealers that will suit everybody's budget!


 Hope you enjoyed reading! 
Ducie xox



Boots (concealer)
http://www.charlottetilbury.com/ca/products/face/concealer.html?gclid=CJnm46j17cwCFQ6oaQodqqIL4Q
https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/ie/en-gb/face-makeup/concealer








Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned if the above blog post. 2 photos are from Google images. The rest of the photos were taken by myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment